Business, Management, and Marketing degrees offer a wide variety of majors in the business field and there are many online options. Trying to decide on the exact direction of one’s career can feel overwhelming when you consider the vast amount of choices from which to select.
Those interested in a Business Major usually begin by asking –
- Is a Business Administration degree a good fit for my career aspirations?
- Is Business Administration a Good Major that will meet my salary objectives?
These are great questions and the perfect place to begin. However, these inquiries usually bring forth additional questions like –
- What are the benefits of studying Business Administration coursework?
- Is a business management degree good for your budget?
- Is a business degree worth it?
- Is Business Administration a Good Major?
- Is a Business Management Degree good for meeting your professional goals?
- What is a business management degree good for — Finance? Accounting? IT?
What are Business Administration and Business Management?
What are business administration and business management? Business Administration and Business Management academic degree programs are quite similar in that each has similar degree expectations and learning models and outcomes.
One of the benefits of studying business administration or business management is that many of the core courses are practical and easily applied to other industries. It is noted that the business management degree program will include more focus on critical thinking, resource allocation, and decision-making skills. Here are a few of the different business degrees.
- Associate Degrees in Business
- Business Bachelor’s Degrees
- Business Management Master’s Degrees
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Online Business Management Certificate Programs
What are the Benefits of Studying Business Administration Coursework?
A business administration degree confers upon the degree holder the education required to explore many career opportunities in various industries.
How Do I Choose a Business School?
Most employers prefer job candidates to hold business degrees from schools that hold accreditation from a business industry-sanctioned oversight agency. There are several types of business school accreditation. These are discussed below.
Business School Accreditation Agencies & Organizations
There are two primary accreditation agencies that enforce the business industry’s accreditation standards. But, there are other accreditation agencies that operate in the business industry. These business-approved agencies (AACSB & ACBSP) set forth and enforce an industry-acceptable set of standards.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
What does AACSB accredited mean? The AACSB accreditation standards have been designed to guide the industry in creating future business leaders. Nearly 800 business-focused institutions of higher education meet the AACSB’s rigid accreditation standards.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The ACBSP is a global accrediting organization tasked with the responsibility of accrediting business degree programs from an associate’s level through doctorate levels. Is ACBSP accreditation good or bad? It is definitely a worthy professional accreditation.
What Kinds of Jobs of Business Administration Degree jobs can I Get with a Business Degree?
Are there Business Administration jobs near you? Those who earn an academic degree in the field of business have gained a comprehensive understanding and skill base that allows them to gainfully find business administration degree jobs in the corporate world and the nonprofit business realm.
A business administration job description requires the candidate to be able to gather and analyze data, manage personnel, create and market ideas, and ultimately evaluate significant financial decisions. The following partial list provides a look at the many jobs that meet a Business Administration job description:
Are there Business Administration jobs near me? It is highly likely that you can find business administration degree jobs in a location within commuting distance.
- Top 10 Online Schools Associate in Business Administration
- What Can I Do With An Associate in Business Administration?
- Best Online Business Bachelor’s Programs
- What Can I Do With An Online Business Degree?
- Best Online MBA Programs
- What Are The Benefits of an Online MBA?
- Top 10 Online Master’s in Business Management Programs
- What Can I Do With an Online Masters of Management Degree?
- Top 10 Online Associates in Accounting
- What Can I Do With An Associate in Accounting?
- Best Online Accounting Bachelor’s Programs
- What Can I Do With an Online Bachelor in Accounting Degree?
- Top 10 Online Schools for Business Analytics Bachelor’s Degrees
- Top 10 Online Schools for Business Analytics Master’s Degrees
- Top 10 Online Schools for Data Analytics Bachelor’s Degrees
- Top 10 Online Schools for Data Analytics Master’s degrees
- Top 10 Online Bachelor’s in Human Resources
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources?
- Top 10 Online Master’s Degrees in Human Resources
- What Can I Do With A Master’s Degree in Human Resources?
- Top 10 Online Supply Chain Management Bachelor’s
- What Can I Do With a Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management?
- Top 10 Online Supply Chain Management Master’s program
- Top 10 Best Majors for a Real Estate Career
- Top 10 Degree Majors For A Mediation Career
- Best Degrees for Gen Z
- What Are the Most Popular Online Schools?
- Top Online Schools for Bachelor’s in Sports Management
- Top 10 Online Master’s in Sports Management
How Much Can You Earn with a Business Degree?
What are the top business degrees in demand? What should you expect from a Business Administration degree salary? There are many types of business degrees and salaries. Therefore, it is likely that many business administration specializations will bring about a different business administration degree salary.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median business administration degree salary was approximately $102,450 in May 2021. It is noted that this median industry salary holds the distinction of being the highest salary of all the major occupations. Additionally, some top business degrees in demand earn salaries that exceed $140,000 per year.
Below is a partial list of some types of business degrees and salaries.
What is the Job Outlook in Business?
Additionally, the BLS notes that the managerial job market is expected to grow at about 8% through the year 2031, which is noted as a pace that is above the national growth of all jobs combined.
Given the 8% growth rate, the BLS anticipates that there will be more than 880,000 new managerial positions created during this ten-year growth projection. And about 1.1 million job openings each year to replace worker who retire or leave the field.