Trying to decide on the exact direction of one’s career can feel overwhelming when you consider the vast amount of choices from which to select. Those interested in a Business Major usually begin by asking –
- Is a Business Administration degree a good fit for my career aspirations?
- Is Business Administration a Good Major that will meet my salary objectives?
These are great questions and the perfect place to begin. However, these inquiries usually bring forth additional questions like –
- What are the benefits of studying Business Administration coursework?
- Is a business management degree good for your budget?
- Is a business degree worth it?
- Is Business Administration a Good Major?
- Is a Business Management Degree good for meeting your professional goals?
- What is a business management degree good for — Finance? Accounting? IT?
What is Business Administration and Business Management?
What is business administration and business management? Business Administration and Business Management academic degree programs are quite similar in that each has similar degree expectations and learning models/outcomes. One of the benefits of studying business administration or business management is that many of the core courses are practical and easily applied to other industries. It is noted that the business management degree program will include more focus on critical thinking, resource allocation, and decision-making skills. Here are a few of the different business degrees.
- Associate’s Degrees in Business
- Business Bachelor’s Degrees
- Business Management Master’s Degrees
- Master’s Degrees in Business Administration (MBA)
What are the Benefits of Studying Business Administration Coursework?
A business administration degree confers upon the degree holder the education required to explore many career opportunities in various industries.
How Do I Choose a Business School?
Most employers prefer job candidates to hold business degrees from schools that hold accreditation from a business industry sanctioned oversight agency. There are several types of business school accreditation. These are discussed below.
Business School Accreditation Agencies & Organizations
There are two primary accreditation agencies that are tasked with the responsibility of enforcing the business industry’s accreditation standards, although there are other accreditation agencies that operate in the business industry. These business-approved agencies (AACSB & ACBSP) set forth and enforce an industry-acceptable set of standards. Many who are new to the accreditation process find they need answers to questions like –
· What does AACSB accredited mean?
· What are the AACSB accreditation standards?
· Is AACSB accreditation important to landing a great job?
· What are the ACBSP accreditation standards?
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The AACSB accreditation standards have been designed to guide the industry in creating future business leaders. Nearly 800 business-focused institutions of higher education meet the AACSB rigid accreditation standards.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The ACBSP is a global accrediting organization tasked with the responsibility of accrediting business degree programs from an associate’s level through doctorate levels.
Is ACBSP accreditation good or bad? It is definitely a worthy professional accreditation.
What Kinds of Jobs of Business Administration Degree jobs can I Get with a Business Degree?
Have you asked yourself — Are there are Business Administration jobs near me?
Those who earn an academic degree in the field of business have gained a comprehensive understanding and skill base that allows them to gainfully find business administration degree jobs in the corporate world and the nonprofit business realm. A business administration job description requires the candidate to be able to gather and analyze data, manage personnel, create and market ideas, and ultimately evaluate significant financial decisions. The following partial list provides a look at the many jobs that meet a Business Administration job description –
· Financial Analyst
· Business Educator
· Healthcare Administrator
The answer to your question — Are there Business Administration jobs near me? — Is that it is highly likely that you can find business administration degree jobs in a location within commuting distance.
- Best Online Business Bachelor’s Programs for 2020
- What Can I Do With An Online Business Degree?
- Best Online MBA Programs for 2020
- What Are The Benefits of an Online MBA?
- Top 10 Online Master’s in Business Management Programs for 2020
- What Can I Do With an Online Master’s of Management Degree?
- Best Online Accounting Bachelor’s Programs for 2020
- What Can I Do With an Online Bachelor’s in Accounting Degree?
- Best Online Masters in Accounting for 2020
- What Can I Do With an Online Master’s in Accounting Degree?
- Top 10 Online Schools for Business Analytics Bachelor’s Degrees
- Top 10 Online Schools for Data Analytics Bachelor’s Degrees
- Top 10 Online Bachelor’s in Human Resources
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources?
- Top 10 Online Master’s Degrees in Human Resources
- What Can I Do With A Master’s Degree in Human Resources?
- Top 10 Online Supply Chain Management Bachelor’s
- What Can I Do With a Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management?
- Top 10 Online Supply Chain Management Master’s program
- What Can I Do With a Master’s in Supply Chain Management?
- Top 10 Best Majors for a Real Estate Career
- Best Degrees for Gen Z
- What Are the Most Popular Online Schools?
How Much Can I Make with a Business Degree?
What are the top business degrees in demand? What should you expect for a Business Administration degree salary?
There are many types of business degrees and salaries; therefore it is likely that many business administration specializations will bring about a different business administration degree salary.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), during the calendar year 2018, the median business administration degree salary was approximately $104,000. It is noted that this median industry salary holds the distinction of being the highest salary of all the major occupations. Additionally, some top business degrees in demand earn salaries that exceed $140,000 per year.
A partial list of some types of business degrees and salaries include –
· Computer & Information Managers $142,000
· Administrative Services $96,000
· Financial Managers $127,000
· Real estate/Community Managers $58,000
· Compensation Benefits Managers $121,000
Additionally, the BLS notes that the managerial job market is expected to grow at about 7% through the year 2028, which is noted as a pace that is above the national growth of all jobs combined. Given the 7% growth rate, the BLS anticipates that there will be more than 700,000 new managerial positions created during this ten-year growth projection.